These easy to make jalapeño poppers are such a great appetizer or side dish. Ready in just minutes, you will want to make these regularly!
Click to save this Pin for later!
Some links are affiliate links, which means I might make a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love summer! The get togethers, the BBQ’s, the kid’s playing outside, and the food! Fresh garden veggies and fruit fills my plate and heart!
Garden veggies can’t be beat. They have so much more flavor and nutrients. Jalapeños especially have a lot more heat when coming from the garden.
For many years now, my husband made this on the grill. Throughout my many pregnancies, I have had to decline since it would flare up my heartburn.
But this summer, I’m not pregnant and we had lots of garden jalapeños.
Admittedly, I don’t grill. I don’t even want to learn.
That’s my husband’s realm and he does an amazing job. If I ever have a recipe where you use the grill, it is his. Maybe someday I’ll post about his famous brisket! Well, famous to our family and friends!
When my husband makes these on the grill it takes about 30-45 minutes to make. That’s why air-frying is the best and so convenient! It cuts the cooking time by more than half!
Ok, I digress. He was working and I wanted jalapeño poppers. So not being a grilling girl – I thought about the oven. But man, it is hot here in the south, and I don’t want our house to heat up with the oven.
So scanning my kitchen I saw my convection toaster oven that is also an air fryer!
The rest is history. Let me share the details to make this simple easy side!
How to make Jalapeños Poppers in the Air Fryer
All you need is three ingredients:
- Jalapeños – these are best from the garden, but obviously store bought is also tasty!
- Cream Cheese
- Bacon – I like to use the thick cut bacon. Sometimes I cut them in half because they are too long.
First you will rinse off jalapeños and then slice them in half.
Next, using a spoon, you will clean out the seeds from the inside. I like to protect my hands from the oils. I never have plastic gloves on hand, so I use a Ziplock bag and slide my hand in like it’s a glove! It works!
After all the guts are out of the jalapeños, you will stuff the cavity with cream cheese.
This next step is optional, when we remember to do it we sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
Lastly, we wrap each jalapeño half in bacon!
Pop those poppers in the air fryer on 350℉ for 14-16 minutes.
Then pop them in your mouth and enjoy!
Leave a review in the comments below if you make these Jalapeño Poppers!
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Air Fryer Jalapeños Poppers
- 1 Air Fryer
- 8 Jalapeños
- 4-6 oz Cream Cheese
- 8-16 slices of Bacon
- salt/pepper to taste
- First you will rinse off 8 Jalapeños and then slice them in half.
- Next, using a spoon, you will clean out the seeds from the inside. 1
- Stuff each half with the 4-6 oz Cream Cheese.
- This next step is optional, when we remember to do it we sprinkle salt/pepper over top.
- Lastly, we wrap each jalapeño half with the 8-16 slices of Bacon. 2
- Pop those poppers in the air fryer at 350℉ for 14-16 minutes.
- Then pop them in your mouth and enjoy!
- I like to protect my hands from the oils. I never have plastic gloves on hand, so I use a Ziplock bag and slide my hand in like it’s a glove! It works!
- The amount of bacon you use depends on the thickness and length.
Looking for more summertime recipes? Click the links below to find more delicious homemade foods!