Fresh, crunchy, and full of flavor, this Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad is a perfect side to any main dish.
It is especially great to make during the summer months when these ingredients are in season, coming straight out of your garden!
It will be a delicious and refreshing addition to your table.
Click to save this Pin for later!
Some links are affiliate links, which means I might make a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When I was in high school, my best friend was Armenian. I loved spending time with her and her family.
Her family’s culture and food drew me in, and I was grateful to be a friend of their family. My friend’s mother made the most delicious foods.
I remember as I walked through their front door, the smell of a delicious creation coming out of the kitchen would invite me in.
She made cooking and preparing food look so easy. My favorite thing about her food was that it was so unique to what I was used to.
During my high school years, my very American palate was expanded with Armenian flavors! It was wonderful. Something that I remember so well was this cucumber tomato salad.
This simple side dish has stuck with me for many years. Despite its simplicity, it is full of flavor and freshness!
Is eating cucumber and tomato salad healthy?
Yes! This is a very healthy side dish to any main course. Eating cucumber tomato salad is a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your meals.
- Organic garden cucumbers are low in calories but very hydrating for your body.
- Organic garden tomatoes contain vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Organic avocados are a healthy fat. This is because they have essential fatty acids. Fatty acids in the avocado help with the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins; both from within the avocado and from the other fruits and vegetables they are consumed with.1 Half of one avocado has more potassium than a banana.
Other ingredients for Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad
In addition to the three main ingredients mentioned above you will add the remaining ingredients to make it a more complete flavor: red onion, feta cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to make Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
I have a friend that has joked with me many times saying that an easy recipe means that you aren’t having to chop anything, especially an onion.
Well friend, I’m sorry! This recipe does have you chopping up an onion, but only a quarter of an onion. So it’s only a quarter hard… with the exception of chopping up all the veggies!
Ok so chopping veggies aside, you’ll place everything in a bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients and it’s done!
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 Salad bowl
- 2 Cucumbers sliced, then quartered
- 2 Large Tomatos
- 1-2 Avocados diced
- ¼ Red Onion diced
- 4 oz Feta Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash your veggies.
- Chop and dice all the veggies and place into your salad bowl.2 Cucumbers, 2 Large Tomatos, 1-2 Avocados, ¼ Red Onion
- Add the remaining ingredients and gently mix together.4 oz Feta Cheese, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
- If you don’t have feta on hand, a great substitute is shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Don’t forget to rate and comment if you tried this recipe!
Looking for more summer inspired recipes? Check out the links below!
- Gelatin fruit dessert
- The Best Summertime Lemonade Recipe
- Easy to Make Overnight Sweet Pickles
- Banana Pudding Made With Einkorn
- Dreher, M. L., & Davenport, A. J. (2013). Hass avocado composition and potential health effects. Critical reviews in food science and nutrition, 53(7), 738–750. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2011.556759